Tuesday, August 16, 2005

And now for something completely different

One of my all-time favorite comedians, John Cleese, will soon be faced with "something completely different" -- he's due to have a colectomy for diverticular disease. One wonders about the potential banter in that operating room! We rather frequently have battling "Holy Grail" quotefests in our OR, and I must admit that I am most partial to Cleese's French insult sequences.

"You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose on you, so-called Arthur king, you and your silly English Knn...niggets."
"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."
"No chance, English bed-wetting types. I burst my pimples at you, and call your door-opening request a silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms!"

Will this be the view he sees as he drifts off to sleep?

Hope he does well.