Thursday, October 27, 2005

Late Aspen Leaves

Kitty has been photoblogging the progress (or lack thereof) of the changing of the leaves in here neck of New York. We have had a longer run than usual of great colors in the city (long gone in the mountains), but I have not had much of a chance to take any pictures until today. While the remaining scrub oak leaves are the color of dried mud, there are still some Aspens with yellow around. So, DogSurg and I took a great hike today in search of a few good leaves, but even the nearby hills have lost their color ---- these photos are from around the house:
DogSurg, as you can see, is none too pleased to be done with his hike -- he prefers the 3-4 hour ones that leave me aching for a hot tub and a stiff martini.
By the look he's giving me here, I'd better share the martini.