Friday, October 07, 2005

To Tub or Not To Tub

I love this time of the year in the mountains. Cool, crisp air. Bright sun in the daytime. Great colors. And, unlike last fall, hockey to watch! SWIMBO was kind enough to let me get a hot tub a few years ago, and I was able to place it outside our TV room....so I can see the Avalanche play through the sliding glass window. Wednesday night was perfect --- opening night for the NHL, an ice cold and dry as the Sahara desert martini in hand, and I was strategically positioned to watch hockey until I was as wrinkled as a California raisin. All was right in the world!

So, Thursday, I'm thinking "I'm not on call; why not have another soak tonight?" Unfortunately, a little spill on the mountain bike persuaded me to stay out of the hot water ---- let's just say there is more of my skin on the ground than on my face or forearms. That first scrub this morning was none too pleasant, either! Oh, well, just a flesh wound. I hope my hide will be ready for another hot tub session by Sunday (or you may hear the yelp on either side of the Rockies).