Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gratuitous Bike Trip Plug


For the third summer in a row, I have been fortunate enough to take my son on a mountain bike trip. This year, as in the past, we had an absolutely fabulous time, thanks to the wonderful people at Western Spirit Cycling. Last year, one of my son's friends came along; he came again this year, as did another friend and his father. This year's trip was to the Black Hills of South Dakota --- green and lush, but don't let the name "Hills" trick you into believing this was anything less than strenuous! A lot of climbing, but also a lot of screaming downhill riding as well.

This is a picture of the usual view I had of my son -- now 14, and on his bike nearly continuously, he can climb like a goat and is always ahead of me.

I cannot recommend this company highly enough. Over the past three summers, I have been with 10 separate guides, all of whom are exceptionally friendly and fun-loving. If you have kids that are in the age range where they haven't completely given up on hanging with Mom & Dad, but who are up for fun and a challenge, check it out.