Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I've been....everywhere

Where have I been lately? With apologies to the man in black......I've been everywhere.

I was totin' my scalpel along the long hospital road,
When along came a patient with a heavy belly pain load,
"If you're goin' to the OR, Mack, with me you can ride."
And so I called in the crew and sat with time to bide.
He asked me if I'd seen a belly with so much malady.
And I said, "Listen, I've rooted around every part of a broken body!"

(chorus)
I've been everywhere, man.
I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the liver's bare area, man.
I've breathed pus in the air, man.

I've been to:
Vena cava, pleural space, oral cavity,
Scarpa's fascia, linea alba, duct of Santorini,
Hesselbach's triangle, the point of McBurney,
Ampulla of Vater, Gerota's fascia, round the Vagus,
Right lobe, left lobe, along the esophagus.

(chorus)

I've been to:
Zuckerkandl's organ, Artery of Adamkiewicz,
Triangle of Calot, ligament of Trietz,
Caudate lobe, quadrate lobe, tunica vaginalis,
Denonvilliers' fascia, obturator foramen,
Rectum? Damn near killed 'em!

(chorus)

I've been to:
Drummond's marginal artery, pubic tubercle,
Cremaster, Billroth's cords, seminal vesicle,
Auerbach's plexus, terminal bronchiole,
Cooper's ligament, through the rings of the trachea,
Falciform ligament, See what I mean-a?

(chorus)


In other words, I've been busy.